Simply put, cloud computing is the delivery of “on-demand” computing resources via the internet. However, it’s also so much more than that.
- Improved Workplace Productivity : One of the most impactful advantages of cloud computing is the increased productivity it delivers
- Reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) : First off, the initial investment in cloud-based IT systems is significantly less than that of an in-house equivalent.
- Always Up to Date : Top cloud service providers maintain the latest hardware and are continually updating their software to meet new demands and improve their service.
- Focus on Business Rather than Infrastructure : With cloud systems, you enjoy the benefits of being a customer to your provider rather than the added weight of needing to be your own provider.
- Security, Backups, and Disaster Recovery : Most cloud service providers emphasize cutting-edge security protocols, as well as compliance with data protection measures.
- Scalability and Flexibility : One of the most dynamic advantages of cloud computing is the scalability/flexibility factor.
- Rapid Deployment : Important advantage of cloud computing is the speed at which it can be deployed.
- Environmental Impact : A cloud data centre is typically far more efficient than an onsite data warehouse